OREGON STATE UNIVERSITY, Corvallis, OR
Graduate Research Assistant (09/2013 – 06/2015)
- Created a nationwide, neighborhood level index of social vulnerability to wildfire hazards using census data.
- Mapped and analyzed geospatial data (e.g. wildfire risk and wildland-urban interface data).
- Managed and analyzed a dataset containing millions of observations.
- Researched best practices and applied up-to-date scientific findings to create robust metrics.
- Regularly and clearly reported findings to research advisor and other research colleagues.
- Synthesized literature and documented findings to inform public policy in technical and academic writing.
CENTER FOR BIOLOGICAL DIVERSITY, Portland, OR
Conservation Biology Intern (09/2014 – 11/2014)
- Researched, compiled, and synthesized information from over 100 sources (scientific literature, government publications, and other reports) concerning the natural history, current population status of, and threats to a species of interest.
COALITION FOR SONORAN DESERT PROTECTION, Tucson, AZ
Program & Outreach Associate (01/2011 – 08/2013)
- Provided programmatic support; efficiently analyzed complex regional land-use policy issues to generate landscape conservation alternatives.
- Professionally represented organization at public meetings.
- Learned non-profit marketing skills to upgrade, manage, and generate written/visual content for print publications, web, and social media outlets.
- Developed and maintained relationships with donors; assisted in fundraising and budget planning.
- Increased constituent contacts by about 7% annually.
- Planned, executed, and communicated professionally with large and small groups during community events and meetings.
- Designed, coordinated, and managed a remote camera, wildlife monitoring project.
- Managed volunteer projects and conducted training sessions.t support.
Administrative Associate (02/2010 – 12/2010)
- Successfully provided operational, technological, and office management support, responded to rapidly changing organizational needs.
- Coordinated solicitation appeals; organized fundraising and outreach events.
- Generated written/visual content for print publications, web, and social media outlet to effectively communicate relevant information to diverse audiences.
ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION UK, Brighton, UK
Policy Research Volunteer (02/2009 – 05/2009)
- Researched and monitored land and air quality policy topics.
- Drafted summaries of policy consultation documents to aid staff in their comment-making.
- Developed a funding application for the production of an urban gardening brochure.
- Assisted in office operations and participant recruitment for events.
CAMP LINCOLN, Nisswa, MN
Program Director (05/2008 – 08/2008 ); Counselor (07/2007 – 08/2007; 05/2006 – 08/2006)
- Trained, coached, and evaluated camp program activity staff.
- Shared responsibility for management of all camp staff, events, and policies.
- Promoted community ideals, social awareness, and group cooperation.